The OpenID Foundation recently hosted a series of Financial-grade API (FAPI) outreach workshops in Australia in partnership with the Data Standards Body team. The Foundation and the DSB team partnered in developing and delivering these workshops to educate the Australian market on the FAPI security profile and the value of FAPI conformance and certification. Workshop objectives:
- To update participants on the latest developments in both the OIDF Financial-Grade API (FAPI) profile and DSB requirements.
- To demonstrate the respective conformance tools and the benefits of certification including why conformance and certification is critical to ensuring standards are secure and interoperable.
- To provide participants with help and support in using these tools.
- To encourage a greater number of certifications.
- Ultimately to help grow the open banking ecosystem, enhancing security and benefits for participants and end customers.
OIDF & DSB Introduction Workshop & the Consumer Data Standards
The first introduction workshop was hosted on Tuesday, April 21, 2021 at 3pm AEST. The recording of this workshop can be accessed through this link: https://csiro.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/csiro/recording/28722718f024400db99026f4e0d4a602/playback
|Welcome & Introduction||Mike Leszcz (OIDF) Mark Verstege (AUS DSB)|
|Introduction to Australian Consumer Data Rights (CDR) and Data Standards Body (DSB)||James Bligh & Mark Verstege (AUS DSB)|
|Introduction to OpenID Foundation and OpenID Specifications||Anoop Saxena (OIDF & Intuit)||View Presentation|
|Overview of the FAPI Profiles Including Enhanced Security in New Versions||Dave Tonge (OIDF & MoneyHub)||View Presentation|
|How the OpenID Certification Program Attempts to Ensure Both Security and Interoperability: Overview of the OpenID Conformance Test Suite||Joseph Heenan (OIDF & Authlete)||View Presentation|
|Demonstration of the OpenID Conformance Test Suite – FAPI Conformance||Joseph Heenan (OIDF & Authlete)|
OIDF & DSB Technical Workshop & the Consumer Data Standards
The second technical workshop was hosted on Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 3pm AEST. The recording of this workshop can be accessed through this link: https://csiro.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/csiro/recording/playback/b81c83958ec31039bb93005056ba4c61
|Welcome & Introduction||Don Thibeau (OIDF) Mark Verstege (AUS DSB)|
|Comprehensive Overview FAPI and FAPI 2.0 Including Enhanced Security in New Versions||Torsten Lodderstedt (OIDF & yes.com)||View Presentation|
|Live Conformance Test and Certification Request of an AU Implementation From start to finish, onboarding, first tests and getting test results.||Joseph Heenan (OIDF & Authlete)|
|Q&A Session on OIDF & AUS DSB Specifications & Conformance Tools|