OpenID Foundation Membership
The OpenID Foundation (OIDF) was formed in June 2007 to help promote, protect and enable the OpenID technologies and community. This entails managing intellectual property, brand marks as well as fostering viral growth and global participation in the proliferation of OpenID. The OIDF does not dictate the technical direction of OpenID; instead it will help enable and protect whatever is created by the community.
If you (or your organization) would like to help OpenID make the Internet a better place, become involved and join the Foundation.
Benefits of Individual Membership
- Vote on OpenID workgroups, specifications, and community board members of the OpenID Foundation
- Use the OpenID Foundation Member logo and signature on your blog, email, website, apps
- Show your support for OpenID as a community-driven, user-centric identity for the Internet
- Way to leverage financial support for an important grassroots community
- Become part of the momentum of OpenID adoption and visibility
Benefits of Company/Organizational Membership
- Use the OpenID Foundation Member logo on your company website, blog, and other marketing materials
- Display your corporate logo/name on the OpenID Foundation website and promotional materials
- Propose, lead, and participate in OpenID technical and marketing work groups
- Vote on ratification of OpenID specifications and recommendations
- Be eligible for inclusion in OpenID Foundation press releases and industry events
- Opportunity to meet, exchange views, collaborate with peer organizations in innovative, open source efforts