The OpenID Foundation (OIDF) was formed in June 2007 to serve as a public trust organization representing a global community of independent developers, industry leaders and users. The OpenID Foundation is the steward of the OpenID intellectual property and brand marks and a leader in global adoption of open internet identity standards.
Membership is open to all interested in the development, adoption and protection of open internet identity standards. If you or your organization would like to help OpenID make the Internet a better place, become involved and join the Foundation. In order to complete the registration process, you will be required to ‘click through’ the membership agreement. You may review the membership agreement here.
Benefits of Membership
- COLLABORATE with competitors and partners to develop pragmatic multi sector industry standards in an open-IP structure
- GAIN EARLY INSIGHT into market requirements to enhance existing services and launch new products
- BUILD EXPERTISE in work groups with other developers, architects, and technical experts
- SHARE COSTS in work group research and interoperability testing of complex technical problems in internet identity
- EARLY INFLUENCE on the adoption of key internet identity standards and their certification, testing and registration
OpenID Foundation has a tiered membership structure. Tier and membership dues are as follows:
|Non-Profit Organization Level||$100|
|Organization with 1-25 Employees Level||$500|
|Organization with 26-100 Employees Level||$3,500|
|Organization with More than 100 Employees Level||$15,000|
|Sustaining Organization level||$50,000|
Considering an Upgrade?
Considering an upgrade to the sponsoring member level? It is easy to do. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the upgrade fee. It is the difference between the sponsoring member fee and your current fee for the balance of your membership period, as provided below.