The OpenID OpenID Financial-grade API Working Group recommends approval of the following specification as an OpenID Implementer’s Draft:
- Financial-grade API — Part 1: Read Only API Security Profile
- Financial-grade API — Part 2: Read & Write API Security Profile
- Financial-grade API — JWT Secured Authorization Response Mode for OAuth 2.0 (JARM)
An Implementer’s Draft is a stable version of a specification providing intellectual property protections to implementers of the specification. This note starts the 45-day public review period for the specification draft in accordance with the OpenID Foundation IPR policies and procedures. Unless issues are identified during the review that the working group believes must be addressed by revising the draft, this review period will be followed by a seven-day voting period during which OpenID Foundation members will vote on whether to approve this draft as an OpenID Implementer’s Draft. For the convenience of members, voting will actually begin a week before the start of the official voting period.
The relevant dates are:
- Implementer’s Draft public review period: Friday, August 31, 2018 to Monday, October 15, 2018 (45 days)
- Implementer’s Draft vote announcement: Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- Implementer’s Draft voting period: Tuesday, October 8, 2018 to Tuesday, October 22, 2018 (7 days)*
* Note: Early voting before the start of the formal voting will be allowed.
The OpenID Financial-grade API working group page is http://openid.net/wg/fapi/. Information on joining the OpenID Foundation can be found at https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration. If you’re not a current OpenID Foundation member, please consider joining to participate in the approval vote.
You can send feedback on the specification in a way that enables the working group to act upon it by (1) signing the contribution agreement at https://openid.net/intellectual-property/ to join the working group (please specify that you are joining the “FAPI” working group on your contribution agreement), (2) joining the working group mailing list at https://lists.openid.net/mailman/listinfo/openid-specs-fapi, and (3) sending your feedback to the list.