This page describes how to submit completed FAPI-RW RP conformance testing results to the OpenID Foundation to request OpenID Certifications. Before submission, first all tests must be successfully passed for the desired conformance profiles and testing results gathered, as described in the FAPI Read/Write RP Testing Instructions. All tests MUST be in the ‘FINISHED’ status. Note that results with warnings are acceptable for certification purposes.
Please note that the full supplied log files will be published as part of a successful certification and these may contain client credentials, private keys, and other potentially sensitive data that are part of the test configuration, so it is recommended to deactivate clients and revoke keys prior to submitting your results.
For each conformance profile and client authentication type being certified to, the following information must be submitted in its own certification package:
- A signed copy of the Certification of Conformance (docx) (PDF) naming that profile. (‘OpenID Conformance Profile’ field in the file must contain a valid profile name, i.e one of the certification table column labels at https://openid.net/certification/, e.g ‘FAPI R/W RP w/ Private Key’) This should use the filename OpenID-Certification-of-Conformance.pdf in the submitted results. (A different extension such as .jpg for the scanned document may be used as appropriate.)
- A copy of the Certification Terms and Conditions document accompanying the Certification of Conformance. This must use the filename OpenID-Certification-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf in the submitted results. (This document is not signed but is included for completeness since it is referenced from the Certification of Conformance.)
- Test plan logs downloaded from the conformance suite.
- Evidence demonstrating the behavior of the relying party for each test.
This can take the form of RP log files, screen captures (image files), or both. These files must be placed inside a folder named “client-data” (without the quotes).
- Files should be named consistently using the test name as the file name prefix. For example the log file for fapi-rw-id2-client-test should be named fapi-rw-id2-client-test.log or fapi-rw-id2-client-test-logs.txt or similar.
- If more than one file needs to be included for a test then they should be named like fapi-rw-id2-client-test-1.log, fapi-rw-id2-client-test-2.log or similar.
A typical submission package will have the following folder structure:
The certification package should consist of a single .zip file containing all the files and using the paths above. The certification package can be created either manually or by using the ‘Certification Package’ button.
To prepare the certification package manually:
- Download test plan logs by using ‘Download All Logs’ button on the test plan page.
- When using this option you must make your results public by using the Publish Everything button prior to submission.
- Add OpenID-Certification-of-Conformance.pdf, OpenID-Certification-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf and ‘Client Data’ to the package
To prepare the certification package using the ‘Certification Package’ button:
- Select OpenID-Certification-of-Conformance.pdf, OpenID-Certification-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf and ‘Client Data’ files which will be uploaded and added to the package
- Click ‘Prepare Certification Package’ button
Certification package filename should contain the name of the organization, the software being certified, the profile being certified to, the client authentication type and the current date. For example, a certification request by the ProseWare organization of its “Humongous Identity” software for the RP FAPI-RW profile, second implementers draft, using OAuth MTLS client authentication on April 1, 2019 should use a filename like
ProseWare-Humongous_Identity-RP-FAPI-RW-ID2-OAuth-MTLS-1-Apr-2019.zip. If you instead tested with private_key_jwt client authentication, the filename should be like
- Name of Entity (“Implementer”) Making this Certification: ProseWare
- Software or Service (“Deployment”) Name & Version #: Humongous Identity 3.14159
- OpenID Connect Conformance Profile: RP FAPI-RW ID2 OAuth-MTLS
- Conformance Test Suite Software & Version #: www.certification.openid.net 3.2.1
- Test Date: November 1, 2019
- Authorized Signature: HQB
- Name: Harry Q. Bovik
- Title: Senior Computer Scientist
- Date: November 1, 2019
- Implementer’s Name: Jane Doe
- Implementer’s Title: Programmer Extraordinaire
- Implementer’s Phone: +1 (412) 555-1234
- Implementer’s Email: email@example.com
- Implementer’s Address: 5000 Forbes Ave.
- Implementer’s City, State/Province, Postal Code: Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Implementer’s Country: United States of America
The conformance test suite software version number you used can be found on the results page for your test plan.
The certification package must be sent to us using the certification request form. An immediate automatic email will be sent acknowledging receipt, please check you receive this email as any questions we have will be sent in the same way. If you don’t receive any further response within 3 working days, feel free to inquire about status by e-mailing a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc’ing email@example.com.
A fee is required for certifications unless the conformance profile is still in the pilot phase. See the OpenID Certification Fee Schedule page for more information. Please pay for your certification application at the Certification Payment page when you make your submission.