This page describes how to submit completed RP conformance testing results to the OpenID Foundation to request OpenID Connect certifications. Before submission, first all tests must be successfully passed for the desired conformance profiles and testing results gathered, as described in the RP Testing Instructions. All tests MUST be in the ‘FINISHED’ status. Note that results with warnings are acceptable for certification purposes.
Please note that the full supplied log files will be published as part of a successful certification and these may contain client credentials, private keys, and other potentially sensitive data that are part of the test configuration, so it is recommended to deactivate clients and revoke keys prior to submitting your results. You must make your results public by using the Publish Everything button prior to submission.
For each conformance profile being certified to, the following information must be submitted in its own certification package:
- A signed copy of the Certification of Conformance (docx) (PDF) naming that profile. This should use the filename OpenID-Certification-of-Conformance.pdf in the submitted results. (A different extension such as .jpg for the scanned document may be used as appropriate.)
- A copy of the Certification Terms and Conditions document accompanying the Certification of Conformance. This must use the filename OpenID-Certification-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf in the submitted results. (This document is not signed but is included for completeness since it is referenced from the Certification of Conformance.)
- Logs downloaded from the conformance suite plan details page. The zip file(s) downloaded from the conformance suite must be included as is.
- Evidence demonstrating the behavior of the relying party for each test.
This can take the form of RP log files, screen captures (image files), or both. These files must be placed inside a folder named “client-data” (without the quotes).
- Files should be named consistently using the test name as the file name prefix. For example the log file for oidcc-client-test-invalid-iss should be named oidcc-client-test-invalid-iss.log or oidcc-client-test-invalid-iss-logs.txt or similar.
- If more than one file needs to be included for a test then they should be named oidcc-client-test-invalid-iss-1.log, oidcc-client-test-invalid-iss-2.log or similar.
- When a test plan contains the same test multiple times, e.g for an hybrid profile, then the filenames must also contain the response type. For example for an hybrid test plan, client log files for oidcc-client-test-invalid-iss should be named as follows:
- A text file with the filename
OpenID-Certification-plan-url.txtcontaining the URL(s) for each test plan results page. For Form Post and some logout profiles there will be multiple URLs. (Note that if these URLs don’t end with
&public=true, you’ve forgotten to use the Publish Everything button.)
A typical submission package will have the following folder structure:
- oidcc-client-test-plan-client_secret_basic-plain_http_request-code id_token token-default-dynamic_client-PLAN_ID.zip
The certification package should consist of a single .zip file containing all the files and using the paths above. The filename should contain the name of the organization, the software being certified, the profile being certified to, and the current date. For example, a certification request by the ProseWare organization of its “Humongous Identity” software for the Basic RP profile on June 30, 2020 should use a filename like ProseWare-Humongous_Identity-RP-Basic-30-June-2020.zip.
- Name of Entity (“Implementer”) Making this Certification: ProseWare
- Software or Service (“Deployment”) Name & Version #: Humongous Identity 3.14159
- OpenID Connect Conformance Profile: Basic Relying Party
- Conformance Test Suite Software & Version #: www.certification.openid.net 4.0.5
- Test Date: June 20, 2020
- Authorized Signature: HQB
- Name: Harry Q. Bovik
- Title: Senior Computer Scientist
- Date: June 30, 2020
- Implementer’s Name: Jane Doe
- Implementer’s Title: Programmer Extraordinaire
- Implementer’s Phone: +1 (412) 555-1234
- Implementer’s Email: email@example.com
- Implementer’s Address: 5000 Forbes Ave.
- Implementer’s City, State/Province, Postal Code: Pittsburgh, PA 15213
- Implementer’s Country: United States of America
The conformance test suite software version number you used can be found on the results page for your test plan.
The certification package must be sent to the OpenID Foundation as an attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the e-mail request should be along the lines of “Certification request by ProseWare of Humongous Identity for the Basic RP profile”. If receipt of the submission is not acknowledged within two days (or three days if over a weekend), feel free to inquire about whether it was received by e-mailing a message without the attachment (to keep the size of the inquiry small) to email@example.com, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the attachments MUST be less than 25 MB in size.
A fee is required for certifications unless the conformance profile is still in the pilot phase. See the OpenID Certification Fee Schedule page for more information. Please pay for your certification application at the Certification Payment page when you make your submission.