The OpenID Foundation (OIDF) and our development partner, the UK Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE), continue our collaboration in outreach to the fintech community via workshops in hosting another workshop on Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 1pm UTC. This next event builds on a prior joint workshop in focusing on helping third party providers (TPPs) develop a detailed understanding of the OpenID Foundation’s Financial-grade API (FAPI) profile.
- To demonstrate tools which help TPPs build and test their own FAPI compliant apps
- To show TPPs how to identify and raise issues with banks
- To thereby speed up the overall resolution of issues and growth of a healthy open banking ecosystem
Workshop target audience:
- OIDF members and community participants
- OBIE members
- Fintech architects, developers and testers
- All TPPs enrolled with OBIE (including TSPs, Vendors and ASPSPs acting as TPPs)
- Introduction: Chris Michael (OBIE) & Dave Tonge (OIDF & Moneyhub) – 5 min.
- Overview of FAPI Profile (including key differences between OB profile and FAPI): Freddi Gyara (OBIE) & Joseph Heenan (OIDF & FinTechLabs) – 15 min.
- What to Expect as a TPP Connecting to a FAPI Compliant Bank API (demo using Ozone bank): Freddi Gyara (OBIE) – 15 min.
- How to Check if a Bank is FAPI Compliant (demo using the FAPI conformance suite): Joseph Heenan (OIDF & FinTechLabs) – 15 min.
- How to Identify and Raise Issues with a Bank (best way to raise tickets with OB service desk): Gary Sharples (OBIE) – 10 min.
- Other Tests a TPP Can Perform (overview/demo of RP tests): Joseph Heenan (OIDF & FinTechLabs) – 15 min.
- Recap & Q&A Session: All participants – 15 min.
Registration is required for this workshop: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fapi-workshop-for-tpps-tickets-122994165861