OpenID Foundation Workshops provide technical insight and influence on current Internet identity standards. The workshops provide updates on all OpenID Foundation working groups as well the OpenID Certification Program.
Please note we’ve added a technology leaders discussion on key digital identity topics to the agenda. The goal is to encourage open discussion to help inform one another on security challenges in the identity ecosystem. As part of this expanded agenda, we’ll have a panel session during lunch led by OpenID Foundation Chairman, Nat Sakimura, with identity leader panelists from from member organizations that will be discussing the latest issues in digital identity.
Leading technologists from Verizon Media, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Yubico, Verizon and others will update key issues and discuss how they help meet social, enterprise and government Internet identity challenges.
This workshop precedes Internet Identity Workshop XXVIX in Mountain View, October 1-3, 2019.
Registration for this workshop is required so please do so prior to Tuesday, September 24, 2019: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/openid-foundation-workshop-at-verizon-media-september-2019-tickets-67281736485
Welcome & Introduction: Lovlesh Chhabra — Verizon Media and Don Thibeau – OpenID Foundation
A Panel Discussion Over Lunch — Current Digital Identity Topics
- Host: Nat Sakimura – OpenID Foundation Chairman
- Panelist: Lovlesh Chhabra – Verizon Media
- Panelist: John Summers – Akamai
- Panelist: Google representative
- Panelist: PayPal representative
Identity UX Session — George Fletcher – Verizon Media
Impact of Intelligent Tracking Protection and SameSite Cookie Designation — George Fletcher – Verizon Media
Shared Signals Update – TBC
OpenID Certification Program Update: Mike Jones – Microsoft
OpenID Federation Update – Roland Hedberg – Catalogix
OpenID Foundation Working Group Updates
- OpenID Connect: Mike Jones – Microsoft
- Enhanced Authentication Protocol (EAP): Mike Jones – Microsoft
- Fast Federation (FastFed): Darin McAdams – Amazon
- Financial API (FAPI): Nat Sakimura – OpenID Foundation Chairman
- HEART (Health Relationship Trust Profile): TBC
- iGov (International Government Assurance Profile): Maria Vachino — Easy Dynamics
- MODRNA (Mobile OpenID Connect Profile): Bjorn Hjelm – Verizon
- Research & Education: Roland Hedberg – Catalogix
- RISC (Risk and Incident and Sharing Coordination): TBC
Verizon Media is providing lunch for attendees and will be served starting at 11:30AM. This workshop includes a working lunch panel session that we’ll start promptly at 12:00pm PT.
Workshop Location & Logistics
Yahoo Campus, 701 1st Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA — Building C
- Reserved parking spots will be available on the 3rd floor of the parking garage attached to Building C.
- When arriving to pick-up you visitor badge, please tell security at the entrance that you are here for the OpenID Foundation Workshop in Building C, 2nd floor, Classroom 4.
Thank you to Verizon Media for hosting and providing directed funding support of this event. We look forward to seeing you on Monday, September 30th in Sunnyvale.