The OpenID iGov Working Group recommends approval of the following specifications as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts:
- International Government Assurance Profile (iGov) for OAuth 2.0
- International Government Assurance Profile (iGov) for OpenID Connect 1.0
An Implementer’s Draft is a stable version of a specification providing intellectual property protections to implementers of the specification. This note starts the 45-day public review period for the specification drafts in accordance with the OpenID Foundation IPR policies and procedures. Unless issues are identified during the review that the working group believes must be addressed by revising the drafts, this review period will be followed by a seven-day voting period during which OpenID Foundation members will vote on whether to approve these drafts as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts. For the convenience of members, voting will actually begin a week before the start of the official voting period.
The relevant dates are:
- Implementer’s Drafts public review period: 2017-07-10 to 2017-08-25 (45 days)
- Implementer’s Drafts vote announcement: 2017-08-11
- Implementer’s Drafts voting period: 2017-08-18 to 2017-09-01 (7 days)*
* Note: Early voting before the start of the formal voting will be allowed.
The iGov working group page is http://openid.net/wg/igov/. Information on joining the OpenID Foundation can be found at https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration. If you’re not a current OpenID Foundation member, please consider joining to participate in the approval vote.
You can send feedback on the specifications in a way that enables the working group to act upon it by (1) signing the contribution agreement at http://openid.net/intellectual-property/ to join the working group (please specify that you are joining the “iGov” working group on your contribution agreement), (2) joining the working group mailing list at http://lists.openid.net/mailman/listinfo/openid-specs-igov, and (3) sending your feedback to the list.
— Michael B. Jones – OpenID Foundation Board Secretary