The OpenID Foundation MODRNA Working Group recommends approval of the following specifications as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts:
- OpenID Connect MODRNA Authentication Profile 1.0, draft 06
- OpenID Connect Account Porting, draft 07
- OpenID Connect User Questioning API 1.0, draft 10
- OpenID Connect MODRNA Client initiated Backchannel Authentication Flow 1.0, draft 03
An Implementer’s Draft is a stable version of a specification providing intellectual property protections to implementers of the specification. This note starts the 45-day public review period for the specification drafts in accordance with the OpenID Foundation IPR policies and procedures.Unless issues are identified during the review that the working group believes must be addressed by revising the drafts, this review period will be followed by a seven-day voting period during which OpenID Foundation members will vote on whether to approve these drafts as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts. For the convenience of members, voting may actually begin up to two weeks before the start of the official voting period.
The relevant dates are as follows:
- Implementer’s Draft public review period: 2017-03-06 to 2017-04-20 (45 days)
- Implementer’s Draft vote announcement: 2017-04-07
- Implementer’s Draft voting period: 2017-04-14 to 2017-04-28 (7 days)*
* Note: Pre-voting before the start of the formal voting will be allowed.
The MODRNA working group page is http://openid.net/wg/mobile/. Information on joining the OpenID Foundation can be found at https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration. If you’re not a current OpenID Foundation member, please consider joining to participate in the approval vote.
You can send feedback on the specifications in a way that enables the working group to act upon your feedback by (1) signing the contribution agreement at http://openid.net/intellectual-property/ to join the working group (please specify that you are joining the “MODRNA” working group on your contribution agreement), (2) joining the working group mailing list at http://lists.openid.net/mailman/listinfo/openid-specs-mobile-profile, and (3) sending your feedback to the list.
— Michael B. Jones – OpenID Foundation Board Secretary