AB/Connect WG has produced / is working on the following specifications.
OpenID Process follows the following steps (with dates in parenthesis to show how the core specifications progressed).
Current Status: NWIP → Working Draft → Implementer’s Draft Review Period (Dec.24, 2011-Feb.6, 2012) → Implementer’s Draft Voting (Feb.7-15, 2012)→ Implementer’s Draft (Feb. 15, 2012) → Feedback on Implementer’s Drafts → Final Review Period (Dec. 20, 2013 – Feb. 18, 2014) → Final Voting (Feb. 18 – Feb. 25) → OIDF Standard (Feb. 25, 2014)
OpenID Connect Final specifications:
- OpenID Connect Core – Defines the core OpenID Connect functionality: authentication built on top of OAuth 2.0 and the use of claims to communicate information about the End-User
- OpenID Connect Discovery – (Optional) Defines how clients dynamically discover information about OpenID Providers
- OpenID Connect Dynamic Registration – (Optional) Defines how clients dynamically register with OpenID Providers
- OAuth 2.0 Multiple Response Types – Defines several specific new OAuth 2.0 response types
- OAuth 2.0 Form Post Response Mode – (Optional) Defines how to return OAuth 2.0 Authorization Response parameters (including OpenID Connect Authentication Response parameters) using HTML form values that are auto-submitted by the User Agent using HTTP POST
- OpenID 2.0 to OpenID Connect Migration 1.0 – (Optional) Defines how to migrate from OpenID 2.0 to OpenID Connect
Session Management specification progressed to Implementer’s Draft. After having implementations on it, our understanding on the subject increased and we are now working on Front Channel and Back Channel logout specs.
- Session Management – (Optional) Defines how to manage OpenID Connect sessions, including postMessage-based logout functionality
- Front-Channel Logout – (Optional) Defines a front-channel logout mechanism that does not use an OP iframe on RP pages
- Back-Channel Logout – (Optional) Defines a logout mechanism that uses direct back-channel communication between the OP and RPs being logged out
- OpenID Connect Profile for SCIM Services – (Optional) Defines how to use SCIM with OpenID Connect
- OpenID Connect Federation – (Optional) Defines how sets of OPs and RPs can establish trust by utilizing a Federation Operator
- Monday Meetings
- When: Monday 11pm UTC (4pm PDT/3pm PST):
- Where: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/695548174
- Thursday meetings
- When: Every Thursday 2pm UTC (7am PDT):
- Where: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/181372694
- GoToMeeting software is available on Mac, PC, iPhone, and Android Phone.
- Using VoIP option of GoToMeeting is preferred. If you have to absolutely use plain old telephone some reason, here is the US phone number: +1 (773) 897-3000.
- Please Note: Number of the participation to the call is limited to 15 most active members at the discretion of the chair due to the number of lines available.
Active Members (past and present)
- Nat Sakimura (Chair)
- Mike Jones (Co-Chair)
- John Bradley (Co-Chair)
- Anthony Nadalin (firstname.lastname@example.org), Microsoft
- Andreas Akre Solberg (email@example.com), UNINET
- Axel Nennker (firstname.lastname@example.org), Deutsche Telekom
- Casper Biering (email@example.com), Peercraft
- Chuck Mortimore (firstname.lastname@example.org), Salesforce
- Breno de Medeiros (email@example.com), Google
- Chuck Mortimore (firstname.lastname@example.org), Salesforce.com
- David Recordon (email@example.com), Facebook
- Edmund Jay (firstname.lastname@example.org), Illumila
- George Fletcher (email@example.com), AOL
- Hideki Nara (firstname.lastname@example.org), Takt Communications
- Johnny Bufu (email@example.com), Janrain
- John Bradley (firstname.lastname@example.org), Ping Identity
- Justin Richer (email@example.com), Mitre
- Luke Shepard (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook
- Michael B. Jones (email@example.com), Microsoft
- Nat Sakimura (firstname.lastname@example.org), Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.
- Nov Matake (email@example.com), YOauth.jp
- Pamela Dingle (firstname.lastname@example.org), Ping Identity
- Paul Tarjan (email@example.com), Facebook
- Phil Hunt, Oracle
- Roland Hedberg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Independent
- Ryo Itou (email@example.com), Yahoo! Japan
- Torsten Lodderstedt (firstname.lastname@example.org), Deutsche Telekom
- Vladimir Dzhuvinov (email@example.com), Nimbus Directory Service