[OpenID] OpenID & Estonia.

Martin Paljak martin at paljak.pri.ee
Mon Jun 4 02:43:02 PDT 2007

Hi all,

A short introduction - I'm the main person behind https://open.id.ee
service, better known by  "OpenID and Estonia".

I'd like to answer another mail from this list (http://openid.net/
pipermail/general/2007-May/002531.html) and ask everybody who is
interested in the subject or would like to write about it - it is
good the way it is currently (no real coverage). Any kind of big news
should come only *after* the service has been announced, proper
documentation and overview is available in English and so on.

I can't change the human word going around on the blogosphere but I'd
like to keep it controlled and verified for any kind of bigger words
or news. It is both interesting as well as annoying to see how people
play "telephone game". It is all in the best interests of both OpenID
and the given service to get only the right facts around so that
misunderstandings like "Estonia issuing OpenID-s" or "Estonia issuing
smart cards for OpenID authentication" would not get any ground (both
claims/concepts are wrong and are personal assumptions of bloggers).

Also, if you have ANY questions about this topic, please don't
hesitate to e-mail me, contact me via skype or just reply to this
message.

Thanks,
Martin Paljak

--