Proposed logo redesign ...

Scott Kveton scott at janrain.com
Wed Nov 29 12:19:29 PST 2006

The existing OpenID logo has been a good fit over the last year or so.  Its
easily identifiable and pretty much ubiquitous now. However, one of the
problems with it has been that it does not scale well to 16x16 for the
favicon or when placed in the form element on sites.  In addition, with the
upcoming release of OpenID v2.0 it would be great if we could convey that
OpenID is becoming more of a platform that has support for both OpenID URLs
and i-names.  This will hopefully help us users/websites/developers to
incorporate OpenID into their sites and applications and build a common
understanding about how OpenID 2.0 is implemented and what it offers.

Our goal will be to select one of the three logos shown below and announce
it as part of our efforts to further introduce and explain our OpenID plans
next week.  Along those lines, we would ask you to give us your opinion on
these suggested logos.  Ideally, we would like you to indicate which of the
logo designs you favor.  We will use this input to select the one that is
most supported by the community.  If the answer is "none of the above",
that's okay too.  However, I'd ask that you please offer suggestions on
improving the logo to help us move forward.

Peter Eller from Sxip, with the input of folks on the OpenID marketing list,
created the three draft logos.  Thanks go out to Peter and Dick Hardt from
Sxip for donating Peter's time on this.

Let the discussions commence!

- Scott