Please vote now at https://openid.net/foundation/members/polls/80.
The OpenID Connect Working Group recommends approval of the following specifications as Final OpenID Specifications:
- OpenID Connect Core – Defines the core OpenID Connect functionality: authentication built on top of OAuth 2.0 and the use of Claims to communicate information about the End-User.
- OpenID Connect Discovery – Defines how Relying Parties dynamically discover information about OpenID Providers.
- OpenID Connect Dynamic Client Registration – Defines how Relying Parties dynamically register with OpenID Providers.
- OAuth 2.0 Multiple Response Type Encoding – Defines several specific new OAuth 2.0 response types.
The working group also recommends approval of the following specifications as OpenID Implementer’s Drafts:
- OpenID Connect Session Management – Defines how to manage OpenID Connect sessions, including logout functionality.
- OAuth 2.0 Form Post Response Mode – Defines how to return OAuth 2.0 Authorization Response parameters (including OpenID Connect Authentication Response parameters) using HTML form values that are auto-submitted by the User Agent using HTTP POST.
A Final Specification provides intellectual property protections to implementers of the specification and is not subject to further revision. An Implementer’s Draft is a stable version of a specification also providing intellectual property protections, but that is subject to further revision before becoming a final specification.
The official voting period will be between Tuesday, February 18 and Tuesday, February 25, 2014, following the 60 day review of the specifications. For the convenience of members, voting will actually open a week before Tuesday, February 18 on Tuesday, February 11 for members who have completed their reviews by then, with the voting period still ending on Tuesday, February 25, 2014.
If you’re not already a member, or if your membership has expired, please consider joining to participate in the approval vote. Information on joining the OpenID Foundation can be found at https://openid.net/foundation/members/registration.
Locations for the proposed Final Specifications are:
Locations for the proposed Implementer’s Drafts are:
– Michael B. Jones, OpenID Foundation Secretary